Friday, June 13, 2008

Tim Russert death

I am saddened at the death of Tim Russert. He was a class act! I didn't realize until today how he was probably a democrat based on is work with democrat leaders. I don't hold that against him, but instead, I'm impressed at how open-minded and practical he was regarding political subjects. Never could I detect any bias in his interviews with any political leaders, democrat or republican.

He is very inspiring in the way he loved his father given the tribute he wrote for his father. He was very inspiring in the way he loved politics, and even more so, the way he loved America. His concern was not so much about whether the country elected a democrat or republican, but rather whether the country elected a leader that could lead us in a good and positive way. I listened to Jack Welch speak on FoxNews about his relationship with Tim Russert. Apparently, he wasn't concerned about money he would receive or would be guaranteed with contracts with GE. Instead, his primary concern was that he would be able to continue as host of "Meet the Press" in the way he loved.

I hope I learn to emulate how much he loved his country, how much he loved his family, and how much he exuded unparalleled optimism. We all have something we can learn from him. He is a great hero, and he will be missed.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home